
Rudo Mwari is a young, beautiful, teenage girl. She is a young, African girl that has secured employment to work as the house girl of the white Englishman, Mr George Witt, who has come to live in Rhodesia.
Rudo and George live in Rhodesia however, they live on either side of the racial divide. This is a wall that separates the black people and the white people. It is a wall that separates the colour of their skin. However, the laws of segregation are broken on every level in Georges home as he agonises between the opposing forces of desiring what is forbidden and the fear of getting caught.
Rudo has no idea that the association with her white boss will one day result in the birth of a daughter, Sarah. It is an association painted in the shades of love but also an assosciation that may cause a spiral of events that will hurt all those around them, including Sarah. In 'A Disappointing Truth', find out the colour of George's love for Rudo.
7 comments:
That's a brilliant preview. A Disappointing Truth is a book every Zimbabwean, especially women, must buy and read. Sarudzai is an emerging Danielle Steel of Zimbabwe.
I like the bunch of red roses! They look real.
Thanks for visiting Sarudzayi and thanks for the lovely comments!
I love your name, I love your site and I can't wait to purchase your book! I have a new friend:) Thank you also for following my site, maybe one day we'll exchange book stories, my website is www.HillabeesandRoses.com but you know me as the girl from In Dew Season. Many blessings to you my sister!
Hillary, thank you so much for visiting and joining. You are a blessing in word and deed. I look forward to reading and reviewing your book - I've already visited the website - all i can say is - Stunning ! I will post the review on my book reviews blog.
hey, thanks for the follow, i too am working on an online novel, good luck with yours, check back w/the blog for more art from the falun gong practitioners i think you might enjoy the art. zubyre.
Thanks for stopping by Zubyre. All the best with your novel too. And as i am an art lover, i'm sure i will enjoy yours. Catch you later when i stop by your blog again.
Post a Comment